Thursday, February 12, 2009

TAD Day 7 - MrT Carhartts

I finally painted my Carhartt tractor suit. It was almost a disaster. It was 6 F out and windy. The stencil was not cooperating. I managed to get black stove paint on my cedar steps when the wind blew. It did clean off because it was too cold to absorb into the wood. It’s a little bit of a bummer that there is a seam down the center but from a distance I think it looks good. I’m going to the food co-op while wearing it this afternoon. That should be fun.

Quick Explanation: Mr. T has been my idol since I was 7 or 8. I saw him on the tv show Games People Play in the 1970’s. It was the toughest something or other show. Mr. T at the time was Muhammad Ali’s (heavy weight champion boxer) bodyguard. He had to compete with other tough dudes by jumping over obstacle smashing through doors and walls to ring the bell at the end in the fastest time. He not only did that but he ripped the bell off the wall. His immense toughness was balanced by his sense of what is good and caring. I’ve been impressed ever since. He empowers me to preform superhuman feats.

Detail of Mr T suit

No comments: