Thursday, February 12, 2009

TAD Day 8 - Got my Mojo Workin’

Last night I made my Ibis Mojo mountain bike ice-biking worthy. I had a late start to ice biking this winter. I found my Nokian Hakka WXC300 studded tires and put them on my summer wheel set. Adding studded tires makes all the difference.

A friend who rides a Norco Fluid and I headed out to Pisgah State Forest in New Hampshire. The temp was just above freezing so the snow was too soft on the snowmobile trails through the woods. We elected to ride the partially sanded, ice covered roads after we saw psycho snowmobiles flying about 60 mph on the trails. The hill climbs were brutal but well worth the satisfaction of accomplishment.

These photos were taken along my ride on my iPhone. A no frills photo-documentation. It would be cool if Apple enhanced the camera functionality.

Ibis Mojo Detail

Ibis Mojo parked in the snowbank.

This section of road was solid ice with sand on top. We road over 20 mph on this surface then it turned into glare ice.



No comments: