Sunday, March 8, 2009
I have documentation of this process I’ll post on my blog later.
I used adhesive paper for kitchen shelves as the stencil material.
I thought maybe I did not have to repaint Mr T’s head, so I projected my collage on to the back of the Carhartts to the scale of the preexisting stencil.
I then covered the coveralls with the contact paper and taped it down. I should have removed the backside of the adhesive paper first. Next time.
Next I cut the stencil right on the back of the Carhartt coveralls. The razor whent throught the stencil but didn’t even scratch the coveralls. Wow they are tough!
I removed the stencil and the backside of the adhesive paper.
Then brought the coveralls fixed to an easel (thanks Ron) on to the porch. I reapplied the stencil, taped the edges and painted with another kind of spray paint.
Afterwords I knew I had to redo the head. I didn’t have the original stencil or file so I tried to do another. I made it on regular paper. It’s not exactly what I’m looking for but there is promise.The double head image is a little blurry.
I will repaint the whole suit once a year when the old image is faded away. I bet this will we very cool five to seven years from now.
I think I’ll call him Minny T.
Check on my blog for further developments in the future.
I have a bunch more I’ll post on my blog later. Some are very cool and others not so much. I had fun in the museum.
Why is Wednesday always business time anyway?
Last Sunday was a good sized winter storm here in sunny Vermont. The tractor hydraulics had been damaged and one of the tires chains broke. I collaborated with my neighbor Sam to Jerry rig the tractor. This is an art. I’m guessing this is a way of life for many Vermonters.
It’s hard to see but I had one new hose (a different size than the original ofcourse), two new connectors joints (forgetting the proper term) and lots of rope. For the chains (photo later) we used random extra linage and zip ties. Well it worked! A proper fixing in in the near future.
This is a bit abstract. I wanted a grayscale textural digiPainting.
Total time 10 minutes.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
I wanted to make a covered bridge logo / icon illustration. For some reason it looks wierd when I upload it. I’ll call it “Reinterpreted by the Internet”.